The Medical Health Officer (MHO) for the Vancouver Island Health Authority oversees a wide variety of initiatives designed to promote and protect public health. Public health is the organized effort of society to protect and improve the population's health and well being through health promotion; reducing inequalities in health status; prevention of disease, injury, disability, and premature death; and protection from environmental and other hazards to health.
This website has information relating to:
- Food Facility Inspections
- Drinking Water System Inspections
- Current Drinking Water Notices
- Beach Advisories
- Water Samples
- Recreational Water Facility Inspections
- Community Care Facility Inspections and Complaints
- Operating in Contravention of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act
Online Information and Resources
For more information about the Medical Health Officer and the public health portfolio, please visit the Medical Health Officer website or contact your local Environmental Health Officers.